So you have finally taken the plunge and invested in professional teeth whitening and your smile is beautiful and white ‚Äì congratulations! But the work doesn‚Äôt end here, the next 48 hours are critical to ensuring that your beautiful results are maintained. Following the whitening procedure, the teeth become more porous and therefore they absorb more of the pigment to which they are exposed. This means that it is critical to avoid coloured foods that may stain your newly whitened teeth. Here‚Äôs a meal-by-meal plan to get you through those challenging 48 hours.
Breakfast is one of the easiest meals on the all-white diet as many popular breakfast foods are white. Options include:
- Rice Bubbles with skim milk
- Plain white yoghurt with banana
- Scrambled egg whites on white bread (no crusts!)
- Oats or porridge with grated coconut
- Egg white omelette with cheese
- Fruit salad with banana, peeled apple and pear and grated coconut
Lunch can be a little more challenging, as it is usually the time we like to load up on a fresh, healthy salad or treat ourselves to a juicy burger ‚Äì both of which are strictly forbidden on the white diet. But don‚Äôt despair, some reasonable options include:
- Chicken or turkey sandwich on white or pita bread with mayonnaise
- Sushi made with white fish such as cod, haddock or halibut
- Grilled cheese sandwich with cheddar or mozzarella cheese
After a full day of eating all-white foods, you will probably be craving a substantial and flavoursome meal. While it may not be a gourmet meal, you can certainly enjoy one of these options:
- Baked or boiled chicken with a side of mashed potatoes and turnip
- Creamy chicken or turkey pasta with cauliflower
- Steamed fish with white beans
- Creamy chicken and cauliflower risotto made with white rice
Make sure you maintain your vigilance throughout the day, and avoid reaching for your emergency chocolate stash. Instead, you can snack on:
- Cheese cubes
- Vanilla yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- Rice pudding
- Rice crackers (without coloured flavouring)
- Vanilla ice cream
The best beverage for your teeth (and your health) is water, and this should be your main beverage during the 48 hours, however you may also drink:
- White wine
- Clear soda
- Soda or tonic water
- Coconut water
If you get through the 48 hours following this white diet, you will be able to enjoy sparkling white teeth for years to come.
And if you are in Sydney, and would like to have this problem, all you need to do is call us now.
Dr Levi is a whitening expert with over 20 years‚Äô experience.
All whitening is done by Dr Levi himself to ensure you get the best treatment possible.
We offer three different whitening technologies to ensure the very best results for all patients. Book your appointment here or call 92831900.