A dental implant is an artificial tooth that looks amazingly natural and feels wonderfully secure. Implants may be used to replace one missing tooth or, if required, all the missing teeth in a jaw. The word ‚Äúimplant‚Äù refers to the metal screw that Dr Levi places under the gum. This post will be covered by a crown, bridge or denture that will look like a straight, beautiful, natural tooth.
As well as the obvious cosmetic benefits of dental implants, they can also have functional benefits including:
- Reducing pressure on existing teeth and dental work
- Reducing the chances of developing jaw problems
- Preventing tooth mobility
- Helping with chewing and, in turn, digestion
3 Stages of a Dental Implant
Dental implant treatments at The Smile Shop are a carefully orchestrated three-stage process:
- Stage 1 ‚Äì The implant (a titanium post) is surgically placed in the bone.
- Stage 2 ‚Äì Following a healing period, Dr Levi places a small abutment over the top of the implant. He then takes an impression of your mouth, which will be sent to a specialist dental laboratory. Using your dental impression as a guide, the laboratory technician will make a customised replacement tooth (crown), bridge, or denture that will be a perfect fit for your mouth.
- Stage 3 ‚Äì This is the final stage of treatment when the false tooth or teeth is placed over the implant and anchored into place permanently. Dr Levi works diligently to ensure that both the appearance and functionality of your implant is flawless.
Contact us¬†today for a consultation¬†to learn more about dental implants.